We really did not want to leave Rome, but we got up and packed it up at about 10am. I thought I was going to have to take on the crazy drivers since Danny was still feeling the effects of the night prior, but thankfully a trip to McDonald’s cured him. So it was off we went to Camp Darby. We pulled in around 230pm and got our keys to our cabin and headed over to the bowling alley to grab some lunch, CLOSED. We headed over to the Tuscan grill at 310, they just CLOSED at 3pm. So we were stuck grabbing some hot gods at the shoppette and eating them outside. We had to head over the commissary to get a few things for breakfast and dinner. We were trying to hurry so that the boys could play at this awesome pool that was right by our cabin. We got back at about 5pm and then we unpacked changed and ran over to the pool. Thankfully the last hour entry was free because for a base pool this place was very over priced. So our plan was to make sure we were back each night to take advantage of the free pool time.
The pool closed at 7pm and we showered and started dinner a bit late tonight, but everything was going a bit late today. After dinner we headed to the bowling center with the boys and I started laundry since it was much cheaper here than in Rome. So once the boys were done we headed over to finish up the laundry and then it was back to the cabin to hit the sack for the night. Pretty easy going day.
Mmmmm....steak, potatoes, and veggies
Our home for the next 4 days.
Gosh! I've never had hot gods before...are they good? :) (Note: Sarcasm.)
ReplyDeleteLOL...I did not proof-read, shame on me. I was just in a hurry to get the blog done. Which I hope to get finished before I go back to work Wednesday.
Delete